For 50 years the Florida Defense Lawyers Association has been serving attorneys whose practice is dedicated primarily to the defense of civil matters. At nearly 1000 strong, the FDLA has members from private practice and public agencies throughout Florida and its neighboring states. The FDLA works to promote a level playing field in civil litigation and to foster our members' growth as professionals. We do this through our publications, quality CLE programs, and through networking and support at collegial and social membership meetings. The FDLA's involvement spans the entire spectrum of issues important to our members, including legislative developments, influencing substantive law, developing professional referrals, sharing expert information and supporting members on statewide committees and elected offices.
Individual Membership - Individual memberships are for attorneys licensed to practice in Florida.
- First Year Member Dues (all new applicants regardless of years in practice): $50.00 Join
- Regular Dues (After first year): $250.00 Join
- Young Lawyer Dues (practicing in Florida for less than 10 years): $50.00 Join
- Retired Lawyer Dues (Retired FDLA member, no longer practicing): Free
- Government Lawyer Dues (Government Attorneys, defense attorneys employed solely by a government agency): $125 Join
Law Student Membership - Law student memberships are for individuals currently enrolled as a full time or evening student pursuing a J.D. degree.
- Annual Dues (Law student memberships expire six months after graduation): $20.00 Join
In-House Counsel/Claims Professionals Membership - This membership is for defense attorneys employed solely as in-house counsel for a corporation or for claims professionals (e.g. claims adjusters, claims managers, risk managers).