Join the FDLA Today!
For 50 years the Florida Defense Lawyers Association has been serving attorneys whose practice is dedicated primarily to the defense of civil matters. At nearly 1000 strong, the FDLA has members from private practice and public agencies throughout Florida and its neighboring The FDLA works to promote a level playing field in civil litigation and to foster our members' growth as professionals. We do this through our publications, quality CLE programs, and through networking and support at collegial and social membership meetings. The FDLA's involvement spans the entire spectrum of issues important to our members, including legislative developments, influencing substantive law, developing professional referrals, sharing expert information and supporting members on statewide committees and elected offices.
Benefits of Membership
- Stay updated on new developments in your area of practice by electing free substantive committee membership.
- Get access to the members section of the website where you can research experts for your case or obtain impeachment materials on opposing experts.
- Receive a copy of the Trial Advocate, the FDLA's professional journal with articles authored by its members, and access past editions of the TAQ via the members section of the website.
- Take part as an attendee or speaker at the premier education events for defense lawyers in the state of Florida, including live seminars, webinars and conferences.
- Receive the "Trial Brief" newsletter which keeps members updated on upcoming events and opportunities within the FDLA.
- Participate in family friendly events where professional development can be combined with forging lasting friendships with colleagues and their families.
Please note that the Florida Defense Lawyers Association is exempt from federal taxation inder IRC 501 (c)(6). Membership dues are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution; they may be deductible as a business expense.
The Florida Defense Lawyers Association offers individual and corporate membership options.
Fill out the online application form below and submit payment to apply for membership in FDLA. Your application will be reviewed and processed in a timely manner. If approved, you will be notified and your login credentials will provide access to the "Members Only" area of the FDLA website. If your application is declined, your payment for initiation fee and first annual dues will be refunded in full.
Individual memberships are for attorneys licensed to practice in Florida.
- First Year Member Dues (all new applicants regardless of years in practice): $50.00
- Regular Dues (After first year): $250.00
- Young Lawyer Dues (practicing in Florida for less than 10 years): $50.00
- Retired Lawyer Dues (Retired FDLA member, no longer practicing): Free
- Government Lawyer Dues (Government Attorneys, defense attorneys employed solely by a government agency): $125
In-House Counsel/Claims Professionals Memberships
This membership is for defense attorneys employed solely as in-house counsel for a corporation or for claims professionals (e.g. claims adjusters, claims managers, risk managers).
Law student memberships are for individuals currently enrolled as a full time or evening student pursuing a J.D. degree.
- Annual Dues (Law student memberships expire six months after graduation): $20.00
Online Application Form
Your application cannot be reviewed or processed until payment confirmation is received (step 2).
Your application cannot be renewed until payment confirmation is received.
First Year Annual Dues (all new applicants regardless of years in practice) ($50)
Annual Dues (after first year) ($250)
Young Lawyer Membership Renewal - practicing in Florida for less than 10 years ($50)
Government Attorneys, defense attorneys employed solely by a government agency ($125)
Student Membership Renewal ($20)