Join the FDLA Today!
For 50 years the Florida Defense Lawyers Association has been serving attorneys whose practice is dedicated primarily to the defense of civil matters. At nearly 1000 strong, the FDLA has members from private practice and public agencies throughout Florida and its neighboring The FDLA works to promote a level playing field in civil litigation and to foster our members' growth as professionals. We do this through our publications, quality CLE programs, and through networking and support at collegial and social membership meetings. The FDLA's involvement spans the entire spectrum of issues important to our members, including legislative developments, influencing substantive law, developing professional referrals, sharing expert information and supporting members on statewide committees and elected offices.
Benefits of Membership
- Stay updated on new developments in your area of practice by electing free substantive committee membership.
- Get access to the members section of the website where you can research experts for your case or obtain impeachment materials on opposing experts.
- Receive a copy of the Trial Advocate Quarterly, the FDLA's professional journal with articles authored by its members, and access past editions of the TAQ via the members section of the website.
- Take part as an attendee or speaker at the premier education events for defense lawyers in the state of Florida, including live seminars, webinars and conferences.
- Receive the "DeFense Post" newsletter which keeps members updated on upcoming events and opportunities within the FDLA.
- Participate in family friendly events where professional development can be combined with forging lasting friendships with colleagues and their families.
Please note that the Florida Defense Lawyers Association is exempt from federal taxation inder IRC 501 (c)(6). Membership dues are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution; they may be deductible as a business expense.
The Florida Defense Lawyers Association offers individual and corporate membership options.
Fill out the online application form below and submit payment to apply for membership in FDLA. Your application will be reviewed and processed in a timely manner. If approved, you will be notified and your login credentials will provide access to the "Members Only" area of the FDLA website. If your application is declined, your payment for initiation fee and first annual dues will be refunded in full.
Individual memberships are for attorneys licensed to practice in Florida.
- First Year Annual Dues (all new applicants regardless of years in practice): $50.00
- Annual Dues (after first year): $250.00
- Annual Dues (practicing in Florida for less than 5 years): $50.00
Corporate memberships are for corporations and other business entities only, such as claims professionals or risk managers (not law firms or individual attorneys).
Law student memberships are for individuals currently enrolled as a full time or evening student pursuing a J.D. degree.
- Annual Dues (Law student memberships expire six months after graduation): $20.00
Online Application Form
Your application cannot be reviewed or processed until payment confirmation is received (step 2).